Sunday, January 3, 2021

Travelling in public transport in singapore

 It was my very first day in Singapore. I thought of going out for lunch. As taxi rides are expensive in here I thought of trying  public transport. The place where I was staying was very close to the train station. I walked towards the road to the train station. When I was getting closer I was so nervous as this was my first time travelling in Singapore .

When I went there, the place was crowded. But even for a first time traveller like me, there wasnt any problem in getting to the correct train to the exact direction. Here in Singapore people call train station as MRT (Metro Rail Transit). As I said before I didn't have any problem getting to the correct train. That was due to everything being so clear and systematic with giving directions by using arrows and 2 big boards, in the middle cities,where each mrt stops. I found this very interesting. When I was in the mrt I noticed that  there were 2 special seats in every set of seats which is allocated as priority seats. And it was very clean even the foor. You can even sleep on the floor. People in the mrt were so busy with their mobile phones. Some were playing games some were reading newspapers etc. When train is close to reach to a mrt stop they announced and even after reaching they announce. People get close to the door as everything is automatic. Later I got to know everything is automatic in MRT and also there is no driver like in Sri Lanka. Isn't it interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment

සිංගප්පූරුව 2

 අද පුණ්‍ය කාලය නිසා සිංගප්පූරුවේ පසුගිය කාලය ගත කරපු ගමනේ තවත් විස්තරයක් ලියන්නට සිතුණි.  එහි සිටි දවස් දහයේ හැමදාම උදේට කිලෝමීටර් අටක් පමණ...