Thursday, February 11, 2021

Arab Street

Ara
Published from Blogger Prime Android App
Arab Street
I love to watch documentary and vlogs in YouTube during my spare time. Once  I watched one vlog about must visit places  while you are in Singapore. I watched this to see where I have missed visiting. Then I came across one place, which is Arab Street inspired by Arab culture. After watching the video I checked the map to see how far is it and how to get there.

Next day morning I got ready and headed to Arab Street. Minute I got there I felt like I'm in an Arabic Country. There were many restaurants which serve Arabic food, I can remember many were wearing turkey inspired costumes. Special lamps and lights which you find in Arabic countries and plenty of carpet stalls. While I was working I found many foreigners or "Ang mo" as Singaporean used to refer white people. I assume Arab Street is one of the famous must visit places  for them.

I walked for hours and from far I saw a huge mosque. It was like at the end of the street. There were many people waiting to enter to the mosque. Later on I came to know non Muslim also can visit this mosque. I still regret for not going to the mosque as I never been to a mosque in my entire life.

When I was heading back to MRT I had to pass all the lamps and carpet stalls. For a minute it felt like I'm in Aladin movie
SNI

No comments:

Post a Comment

සිංගප්පූරුව 2

 අද පුණ්‍ය කාලය නිසා සිංගප්පූරුවේ පසුගිය කාලය ගත කරපු ගමනේ තවත් විස්තරයක් ලියන්නට සිතුණි.  එහි සිටි දවස් දහයේ හැමදාම උදේට කිලෝමීටර් අටක් පමණ...