Thursday, February 25, 2021

Deepavali in singapore

 When I watch Bollywood movies I feel like visiting India. Actually I was in India when my father attended a training there , unfortunately I was very small, maybe around 3 years. When my mom talks about the things we did there and how we enjoyed our stay I always think to myself that I was big enough to experience just like my mom did. I always remember how she talked about Holi festival. I'm sure it was a great one with alot of excitements, that's why she still remembers it after many years.


I happened to go to Little India which is a city in Singapore. It was the time of Deepvali festival. When I came out from the MRT station I saw many decorations  with colourful lights which reminded me of vesak festival in Sri Lanka. Luckily I went in the night maybe that's why I found it very special, beautiful and attractive.


There were many shops with colourful lights, sweets which you can find only in India. One of the shops had sweet peanut which is one of my favourites. Not only that clothing shops and many more. Deepavali is the time women apply mehendi as per preparation for the festival. I felt I'm in India for a second obviously I was in Little India.


On my way back home I was thinking maybe I should visit India one day to experience everything what I missed when I was in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment

සිංගප්පූරුව 2

 අද පුණ්‍ය කාලය නිසා සිංගප්පූරුවේ පසුගිය කාලය ගත කරපු ගමනේ තවත් විස්තරයක් ලියන්නට සිතුණි.  එහි සිටි දවස් දහයේ හැමදාම උදේට කිලෝමීටර් අටක් පමණ...